It seems like everyone is talking about email lists lately. Have you heard “the money is in the list”? Well, it’s true.
Growing your email list is one of the best things you can do for your blog. It can help you serve and get to know your reader. You can also use the list to increase your income.
You can check out this post if you want to learn more about why an email list is important to your blog: Growing a Strong Email List is Vital for Your Blog.
But today, I want to help you get some ideas for email opt-ins that will help you grow your list quickly. If you provide value to your readers, they will stay on your list and become loyal customers.
23 Email Opt-In Ideas to Grow Your List Fast:
- PDF Printable- This is one of the most popular email opt-ins. You can make a printable PDF that goes along with your blog or post topic which would help people implement whatever you are trying to teach them.
- Ebook- Turn a few blog posts into a free ebook for easy access. Just make sure you don’t make it too long or people will lose interest.
- Email Course- Take a concept and break it down over several emails for several days. This gives your reader a quick win and establishes your authority in a subject. You will need some kind of Email Service Provider for this (such as Convertkit).
- Online Mini Course- Teach a mini course that is only a few modules, but allows the reader to learn from you and find out your style. This should be something you can make quickly and easily in Teachable or Thinkific.
- Checklist- Do you have certain steps you want your readers to take? Make up a checklist that they can print out and take with them to get the job done.
- Cheatsheet- This is another kind of printable that works well when you are trying to show your reader how to do something.
- Swipe File- A swipe file is an example of something you have done in your business that they can copy (blog headlines, email copy, etc).
- Coupon Code- If you have an online store, you can give them a coupon to the store in exchange for their email address.
- Private Facebook Group- Why not set up a Facebook Group for your readers and have them sign up to your list in order to join?
- Resource Library- Do you have several freebies on your site already? Put them together as a resource library and that way your reader can find them all in one place without having to sign up multiple times.
- Webinar- Can you teach something to your audience over a webinar? This is a high value opt-in, especially if you aren’t selling a product at the end.
- Stock Photos- Are you an awesome photographer? Give away free stock photos in different styles to your audience as an opt-in.
- One Chapter of a Book- Do you have an ebook or physical book for sale? Giving them one chapter is a great opt-in and may sell the book as well.
- Video Series- Could you make a quick 2 or 3 videos on a relevant topic? People love seeing you on video and you can help them learn something too.
- Opt-in Inside Your Ebook for a Bundle- Are you participating in a bundle sale by having your book in the bundle? Inside the download, add a sign up for a printable that goes with the book to capture those people too.
- Challenge- You can use a 5 or 10 day challenge (usually via email) to teach your readers in small, actionable steps to get a quick result. This could be a healthy eating challenge, declutter your house challenge or whatever is relevant to your blog topic.
- Physical Product- You could send your subscriber a physical product for free. You just have to decide if you are going to pay shipping or have them pay.
- Quiz- Have you seen these funny quizzes on Facebook that everyone seems to love? You can let them take the quiz for free but put their email address in to see the results.
- Giveaway- Do you have a digital or physical product you could give away for free? Doing a giveaway can help you get the word out because people are more likely to share with their friends if their is an incentive to do so.
- Coaching Call or Consultation- 15 minute coaching or consultation calls are a great way to help your reader and find out what their pain points are.
- Social Media Graphics- If you have an eye for design, you could offer quotes, pin designs or other social media graphics.
- One Module of an Online Course- Do you already have a paid online course? Offering the first module for free may entice them to sign up for your list and maybe even buy the course.
- Spreadsheet- Do you use spreadsheets to keep things organized? Make a copy for your readers so they can get organized too.
The point of all of these freebies is to give value and help to your customers. Gone are the days where you can just post “Subscribe to our newsletter” on your blog and people will sign up. Our inboxes are so full these days and people do not want to get spammed with random stuff. They know how valuable their email address is and they aren’t about to give it away for free. By giving them something of value, you will give them a reason to want to share that information with you. Then you need to continue to provide value with your emails. But that is a lesson for another day.Get 23 email opt-in ideas to grow your email list and build a relationship with your subscribers.Click To Tweet
- Look over this list and determine which opt-in ideas might be right for your blog.
- Choose one freebie from the list for your main blog opt-in. You can advertise this on your sidebar, hello bar or pop up window.
- Start adding post specific opt-ins (these are usually called content upgrades) to your most popular posts first.
I hope these ideas help you get motivated to invest time and energy into building your email list. If you manage it properly, your email list can be a big asset to your blog and business.
Do you have other opt-in ideas to add? Please let us know in the comments below. Thanks!
Get 5 Free Stock Photos Monthly
Sign up now and get free stock photos you can use on your blog or social media. You will also get weekly newsletters and month income reports in your inbox.