I’ll be the first one to admit that I do not like being on video. I actually hate it.
I always wonder if I am saying something wrong, doing something wrong or look weird.
It takes me a lot of courage to get in front of the camera, especially for live video. No editing? What?
Why would I do that to myself?
That is what we are going to talk about today.
What reasons could be good enough to get me in front of a camera for live video?
I’m so glad you asked.
7 Reasons to Use Facebook Live for Your Business:
- Let your followers get to know you better- Your readers know you by your writing. They follow you because of your voice and opinions. But by doing a Facebook Live, they get to know you more closely. They know your mannerisms, what you look like and how you respond to questions. This is key to grow a following quickly and also weed out the readers that aren’t your true avatar.
- Relate better to your followers- When you “meet” your followers in real time and show them a part of your life, your relatability factor goes up tremendously. They see that you are a real person that can help them and that care about them.
- Be able to answer their questions in real time- Do you hate when you have a question about a blog post or email, but you can’t get anyone to respond to you? Well, with a Facebook Live, you can answer questions on the spot so that your readers felt heard and appreciated.
- Use video to demonstrate a product- Are you an affiliate for a product or have your own product to sell? You can do a Live demonstrating a product and how to use it. It will help your readers see the product in action, which means they will be more likely to buy it than if they just saw it in a blog or social media post.
- It’s free and easy to get started- Sometimes I think we take all of this amazing technology for granted. Now we have a free way to connect with our audience via video in real time. That is really cool and we should take advantage of it.
- Live video gets more reach and attention on Facebook- In the Facebook algorithm, it has been proven that Live video gets more Facebook “juice” than other posts. This means that your video can reach people more than a regular post or video. If Facebook is giving more pull to Live video, then we should be using it to grow our pages and audience.
- You can use the replay to make ads for your page- One of my favorite features of Facebook Live, that other sites like Instagram and Snapchat don’t have, is the ability to watch the replay after the live for as long as you want. That means that the people that show up live are only a small part of the overall reach. You can use these videos to make a video ad that will attract new people to your brand as well.
- Come up with a relevant topic for a Facebook Live.
- Record a Facebook Live on your Facebook page and interact with your followers.
- Save the replay and use it to attract more followers on your page.
Facebook Live is a free, powerful tool that we can use in our business to interact with and serve our readers. So don’t be shy! Make a goal to do a weekly or monthly Facebook Live in your business to take things to the next level. You won’t regret it!
How do you use Facebook Live in your business? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks!
Join our Private Facebook Group
We have daily prompts, help each other with photography questions and I host a weekly Facebook Live to give tips on how to improve your photography.