Social media in the blogging world can be a wonderful boost for traffic and engagement. It also can be your downfall if you don’t use it productively.
We discuss in this post how to manage social media so that it can be a help and not a hinderance to your business.
Today, I want to tell you about a Social Warfare, a WordPress Premium plugin that makes social sharing so much easier.
What does Social Warfare do?
- Social counts- This plugin keeps your social media share counts on your blog, so you and your readers can see how often it has been shared on whichever outlets you decide to show. For this blog, I have Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. On my other blog, I have added Google Plus as well. This helps me see how popular the post is and where my audience is sharing.
- Social proof- Because of the social counts mentioned above, you readers will be able to see if a post is popular. This will encourage them to share it as well because others have already shared it. This social proof is invaluable to a growing blog.
- Hidden pins- Often, you have more than one Pinterest pin for a blog post, but you don’t want to overwhelm your reader with pins in the post. With this plugin, you can add a hidden pin that will only pop up with they click on the Pinterest share button. This gives your reader more options to pin and helps you test which pins readers like more.
- Click to tweet- I love the click to tweet feature. Just like adding a description for a Pinterest pin, by adding a ready to use tweet for your reader, they are more likely to share your post on twitter. It is always more effective to make it easy to share as possible for your reader. You can also use this feature yourself to share your post on Twitter.
- Pinterest description- There is a separate box to write your Pinterest description (instead of just the alt text), where you can add hashtags and utilize the whole space allotted to increase the likelihood that people will click thru to your site.
- Facebook/Google+ social media description- There is a separate box for a social media description for Facebook and Google Plus.
- Easy to see buttons that move– One of my favorite things about this plugin is that they have easy to see share buttons that move along the page as you scroll. Your reader doesn’t have to look all over the page to find your share button.
- Choose an image for Facebook- You can choose which photo you would like to share to social media.
How do I use it in my business?
- I love that all of these features together make it super easy for a reader to share my content without searching all over the page for share buttons.
- I use 2 Pinterest pins per post, so I use the hidden pin as an extra benefit for people to share.
- I love having all the share counts in one place, so I can see which posts are popular and compare them with other popular post numbers.
- The click to tweet function helps me share on Twitter, which is not one of my preferred platforms.
The picture above shows what the social warfare plugin looks like on the backend of my homesteading blog. You can see all of the boxes for the individual descriptions, the images I chose and other options.
Here is a sneak peek into Social Warfare and how I use it on this site:
How much does it cost?
This plugin is not free. It is a premium plugin which costs $29 a year (with a 45 day money back guarantee). It is the only plugin I pay for on my site as of today. I enjoy the function it provides and I think it is a great value.
How do I get this awesome tool for my business?
I love this tool for my business so much, that I became an affiliate for it. I only become an affiliate for products I love and trust. This plugin has brought so much value to me, that I want to share with other bloggers so they can benefit from it too.
Here is my affiliate link (if you use this link I will get a small commission, at no cost to you)—> Social Warfare Pro.
If you aren’t sure yet, you can use a free version of social warfare and see how you like it. You won’t get the full features, but you will get the social sharing buttons and social counts. Just click on the link above to try it out.Click here to see this awesome plugin that will encourage your readers to share your blog too.Click To Tweet
I know if you try this premium plugin, you will love it. But if for some reason you don’t find it super valuable, they have a 45 day money back guarantee. So what do you have to lose? Get Social Warfare and get social on your blog today!
Have you used this plugin? Please let us know what you think about it in the comments below. Thanks!
Get 5 Free Stock Photos Monthly
Sign up now and get free stock photos you can use on your blog or social media. You will also get weekly newsletters and month income reports in your inbox.