When I first started wanting to learn photography, it was so confusing and overwhelming.
It was a whole new world with new words and feelings.
How was I ever going to learn all of this?
How much easier would it be if I someone would take my hand and lead me along the road to becoming a photographer?
There are much more places to find this information than there was back then. I hope this blog can help you with that as well.
But one of the first places I found that helped me then (and is still helping new photographers everyday) is (affiliate link) Clickin Moms.
What is Clickin Moms?
Clickin Moms is a website that helps (primarily) women learn photography and grow a photography business. You don’t need to be a professional photographer to join. All levels are welcome and can learn from this awesome site. The people there are very helpful and welcoming at any level.
When I first joined in 2010, it was just Clickin Moms. It has since changed to Click & Company, with many divisions under that one umbrella, including the Clickin Moms website and forum. We will get more into depth about that later.
Clickin Moms is a great place to get photography education and inspiration. It shows you what is possible and helps you get there, if you are willing to put in the work.
How did I use it to learn photography?
At first, I just used Clickin Moms as a source of free information about photography from their blog —> Clickin Moms Blog.
Then, I decided to join the membership so I could get access to the forum and other free content. I joined contests and challenges, and asked questions to up my photography game.
Next, over the next year I signed up for several paid breakouts and photography courses that helped me gain so much knowledge. I grew leaps and bounds over that year and really took my photography to the next level.
By then, they also had started producing the Click magazine, which is so fun to flip through each month.
What do I get with my membership?
So, why wouldn’t you just gain what you can from the free info available and move on? Why would you want to join the community and pay for a membership?
Because joining the membership is where your photography grows!
Here are some of the benefits of the Clickin Moms Membership:
- Tutorials for all kinds of different types of photography at all different levels.
- A forum to discuss photography and ask questions
- A place to share your images and get honest critiques that will help you grow
- Inspiration from amazing photographers that have come before you.
- Monthly Member Perks download that includes photography instruction, download package and discounts.
What else does Clickin Moms offer?
Not only do you NEED the Clickin Moms Membership, but Click & Co offer many more opportunities for photographers to get more inspiration and instruction:
- Click magazine allows you to submit pictures for publication and get inspiration from their articles.
- Click Photo School has many full classes on different photography subjects.
- Click Away is a yearly photography conference to meet other photographers and learn new skills.
- Click & Co Store sells photography related merchandise and breakouts.
If you haven’t explored Clickin Moms before, now is the time. You can check it all out here (affiliate link) —> Clickin Moms Photography Website.
- Check out the Clickin Moms website at the link above.
- Look over the blog and sign up for their newsletter for more information.
- Sign up for their membership so you can move your photography to the next level.
I would not be the photographer I am now without Clickin Moms. I learned so much there over the first few years of this journey. Not only how to technically take a good photo, but how to bring out emotion and make a photograph pop.
Clickin Moms is a really great community and I hope you take the opportunity to check it out and join. You won’t regret it!
What is your favorite thing about the Clickin Moms community? Let us know in the comments below. And if you found this post helpful, please share. Thanks!
Mastering Manual Mode Cheatsheet PDF
Sign up for this cheatsheet and keep it in your camera bag as a reference as you learn how to shoot with your camera on Manual. This cheatsheet can get you out of a sticky situation when you don't know what settings to use.
By signing up for this PDF download, you will also join our email list for weekly photography tips straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time!