Earlier this week, I discussed water photography and how to use water in different ways to make your photos pop!
You can read that blog post here —> 7 Clever Ways to Capture Water In Your Photography.
But today, I just want to share with you some ideas from around the internet (who are we kidding, Pinterest) that use water (and other things) to make reflections in their photography.
There are many pictures that just amaze me and help me get inspiration for my own water and reflection photography.
But water isn’t the only way you can get reflections in your photography. Mirrors, glass, cds, or any other shiny or reflective surface will work just fine.
So check out these images and if you find some you really love, go follow the photographer on Pinterest for more inspiration.
30 Reflection Photography Ideas and Inspiration for Creative Images
1. Shattered mirror
2. Compact reflection
3. Mountain reflection in lake with foreground
4. Silhouette reflection in water
5. Landscape reflection in lake without foreground
6. Building reflection in puddle
7. Landscape reflection in a glass of water
8. A human reflection in multiple shards of glass
9. An object reflection on a shiny surface
10. A human reflection on a shiny surface
11. Animal reflection in a lake
12. Inverted reflection using a glass ball
13. Reflection in a store window
14. Using a mirror to hide body parts
15. Symmetrical reflection of bridge in body of water
16. Reflection for the side of a mirror
17. Reflection in a spoon
18. Reflection of a face in a mirror (with step back)
19. Reflection in sunglasses
20. Reflection in an eye
21. A shot of a reflection without the original source
22. A reflection in a CD
23. Reflection in an iPhone
24. Reflection in a railroad track
25. Reflection in a car mirror
26. Reflection in a glass shard
27. Reflection in repeating mirrors
28. Reflection in dew or a water droplet
29. Reflection of the sky in a building
30. Reflections in bubbles
Aren’t these images just stunning? And so imaginative too.
I feel so inspired, I need to go find a reflective surface and start shooting!
I hope this list has helped you feel inspired too. Reflections can be a great addition to your portfolio and open up your creativity to new ideas!
What is your favorite reflective surface to use in photography? Let us know in the comments below. And if you found this post helpful, please share. Thanks!
Mastering Manual Mode Cheatsheet PDF
Sign up for this cheatsheet and keep it in your camera bag as a reference as you learn how to shoot with your camera on Manual. This cheatsheet can get you out of a sticky situation when you don't know what settings to use.
By signing up for this PDF download, you will also join our email list for weekly photography tips straight to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time!