Bloggers are always struggling to learn the next thing they need to know in their business. Sometimes, that learning can be pretty expensive.
That’s why I love podcasts!
I love to listen to podcasts while I am gardening, folding laundry, driving or waiting to pick my kids up from their various activities.
Why do I like podcasts?
Podcasts are a simple way I can gain more knowledge in the blogging world while I am doing something else. They are free and these podcasters below give amazing information that move my business forward.
How do I evaluate a podcast to see if I want to subscribe?
I am kinda strict on what I listen to and what I don’t. Here are the criteria I use for a good podcast:
- No bad language. I don’t curse and I don’t need to hear others talk that way either. There are many podcasts I have started, but the language didn’t work for me. So now, if I see a little E next to the podcast, I don’t even bother. Intelligent people shouldn’t have to use bad language to get their point across.
- On topic. There are several bloggers that have podcasts that I was super excited about, but once I got to listening it didn’t work for me. I want tips and tricks for blogging and online marketing. The last thing I need is people talking about religion or “spiritual” goals or guru stuff. I just want blogging helps. That is what I am there for and these podcasters below do a great job with that.
- Not too feminist. Ok, I know this seems weird, because I am a woman. But I am just so sick of women in the online business world who are blaring the “women rule” mantra every other minute. I do believe women can do just as well as men in this space, but I can learn from everyone, not just women. So if they are too over the top feminist, I move on.
What are my favorite podcasts for bloggers?
(in no particular order-I love them all!)
- Smart Passive Income with Pat Flynn– This podcast is chocked full of great information, and Pat is so personable while he is talking. You almost feel like you know him. He knows his stuff and doesn’t mind sharing what he knows.
- Simple Pin Podcast with Kate Ahl– I found about Kate Ahl through the EBA community, and she is great. She gives great, easy to follow advise about Pinterest and isn’t afraid to change her advice when Pinterest changes their rules.
- Food Blogger Pro Podcast with Bjork Ostrom– Bjork is a great interviewer and has diverse and fun people come on his podcast. He and Lindsey (Pinch of Yum) are veterans in the blogging world and are helpful to all bloggers, not just foodies.
- Online Marketing Made Easy Podcast with Amy Porterfield– Amy is a household name in the online space. She is fun and has great tips for Facebook Ads, webinars and everything online business. She also gives away great freebies to help her listeners move forward.
- The Biz Chix Podcast with Natalie Eckdahl– Natalie has some really fun series (On-Air Coaching and High Performing Women) that are very helpful and informative. She also talks about juggling everything as a work at home mom.
- ProBlogger Podcast with Darren Rowse– First, I just love his accent. Second, he is a veteran blogger as well that gives great blogging tips anyone can use no matter how long you’ve been blogging. He seems very humble and down to Earth.
- Ask Pat with Pat Flynn– This is a quick, 10 minute or less, daily podcast where Pat answers a question from his listeners. He is very helpful and insightful, and I can’t believe he is up to almost 1,000 episodes on this one!
- She’s Building Her Empire with Stacy Tuschl– Stacy does a Facebook Live and records it as a podcast. She talks alot about launching a product and growing your online business.
- Just Keep Blogging with Kim Anderson– I also found Kim through the EBA community and we met at the Activate Conference this year! She gives solid, down to Earth advice that is helpful to get bloggers motivated to keep moving forward.
- The Businessese Influencer Marketing Podcast with Jamie Lieberman and Danielle Liss– This is a new podcast, but I have really been enjoying it. Jamie and Danielle give legal advice for all things online business. A great resource!
These podcasts are something I look forward to listening to each time they are released. Many of them have lots of episodes in the archives that I have binged listened to while traveling or working outside. There is so much blogging and online marketing experience in this group, and it is all for FREE! You can’t beat that!Click here to see the top 10 best podcasts for bloggers and what you can learn from them. #blogClick To Tweet
- Download an app for listening and subscribing to podcasts ( I use Apple iTunes ).
- Choose 2 or 3 of these that you haven’t listened to before and give them a try.
- Most of these podcasters have free Facebook Groups you can join to stay connected in the community, so join them.
What are your favorite podcasts? Let us know in the comments below. Thanks!
Get 5 Free Stock Photos Monthly
Sign up now and get free stock photos you can use on your blog or social media. You will also get weekly newsletters and month income reports in your inbox.